The 5 best budget fitness bands in the UAE can help you live a healthy and active lifestyle.
Each day a plethora of information is thrown your way about ‘living a healthy life’ and ‘eating better’ or the ‘importance of getting exercise’. With numbers thrown all around and 10,000 eating patterns suggested it can become overwhelming.
Instead of getting intimidated by it all, start small. Allow technology, namely the best fitness bands in UAE to do most of the heavy lifting for you. As someone looking to improve their daily habits, you do not want to spend a fortune or spare excessive amounts of time, especially if you’re working a job or running a home.
How does a budget fitness band help you?
If you’re on the fence this is sure to put you on either side. A fitness band isn’t a magical way to lose weight or add muscle. In its simplest form its a tool of measurement. With the help of a fitness band, you can measure your:
- Activity levels
- Calories burned
- Sleep duration/ quality
- Heart rate (even blood pressure in some models)
In addition to this, you gain access to vital information and regular updates on your lifestyle. A fitness band gives you the added benefit of not having to pull out your phone every time it rings. You can even check your messages and social media messages from your wrist.
So, take a quick look at the best fitness bands in UAE now that you know how they benefit you.
- Screen: Yes. The device has a 0.5-inch touch screen on which it displays an array of notifications, alerts, and data.
- Battery Size: The battery comprises 77mAh but can sustain itself on standby for up to 21 days. In the real world, you can use the device on a single charge for up to 14 days.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No. This product does not come with a heart rate tracker. However, it does have a smart assistant and do not disturb mode that gives you increased flexibility and control of incoming messages and notifications.
- Sleep Tracker: Yes. The device is capable of monitoring your sleeping patterns and notifies you on the quality and duration of your sleep.
- Waterproof: No. The device, however, is water-resistant up to a depth of 50m. You can swim or bathe with this accessory.
- Features: The band has 2 wearing modes. This means you can wear it on your wrist or on your running shoes as per your convenience.
- Price: The device is available for roughly AED 69.
- Screen: Yes. The fitness band hosts a 0.78inch screen. It displays notifications while giving you the ability to receive or reject calls without pulling your phone out.
- Battery Size: The gadget has a 110mAh Li-Ion Polymer battery with high energy density and can last for a couple of days on a single charge.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes. The band has a heart rate sensor which keeps a track on your vitals. In addition, it alerts you when you’ve been sitting idle for far too long. This helps you increase your activity levels throughout the day.
- Sleep Tracker: Yes. The tracker also measures the quality of your sleep. It notifies you of the same which allows you to pay attention to your overall health.
- Waterproof: No. The gadget is water-resistant up to a depth of 50m. This gives you the freedom to take it to the beach, pool, and even shower while wearing it.
- Features: 24-hour heart rate monitor, step algorithm keeps up with each step taken. Displays alarms, weather updates, real-time activity, and other data about what is important.
- Price: The device is available for roughly AED 75.
- Screen: Yes. This fitness tracker band features the largest screen in this list. It measures in at 0.92-inches that displays icons and font in a larger size. You can read messages from your social media accounts such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and more on your wrist!
- Battery Size: With the heart rate monitor and sleep tracker on the battery can last up to 9 days. With both these functions off it can last up to 14 days on a single charge.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The gadget comes with a real-time heart rate monitor, that gives you 24-hours dynamic heart rate detection. This provides instant alerts in any sudden and drastic changes. In addition, it also goes the extra mile and measures your blood oxygen as well as blood pressure.
- Sleep Tracker: The gadget uses advanced technology that enables it to track your sleep automatically. With the automatic sleep monitor, it automatically recognizes your sleeping status, sleep quality and intensity. This gives it the ability to understand whether you are in a deep slumber, experiencing lighter sleep, or are awake.
- Waterproof: It has a water-resistant coating. This allows it to be worn in the rain, yet it is advisable to not shower or swim with the device. Submerging it can cause issues for the hardware.
- Features: Additionally, the nifty gadget features a pedometer, message display, alerts, time, distance-sports time, activity tracking mode, alarm, stopwatch, and multiple language selection.
- Price: This fitness tracker is available for approximately AED 189.
- Screen: The Honor band 4 features a stylish looking 0.95-inch AMOLED colored screen with 2.5D durable glass. It can display up to 45 characters clearly. You can control the device with just one touch.
- Battery Size: The battery life is magnanimous, to say the least. When using the sleep monitor and heart rate monitor the gadget can last 9 days. When turned off, the charge lasts up to 12 days.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes. The device hosts HUAWEI TruSeen heart rate technology that gives faster, increasingly accurate, real-time monitoring. You can now take greater charge over your health around the clock. With the sedentary reminder, the device will prompt you to increase your activity levels if you’ve been idle for too long.
- Sleep Tracker: The Honor band really goes all out to make sure you get the best possible rest. It has 8 sleep modes and pays close attention to the 6 typical sleeping problems. You get sleep improvement advice and personalized sleep services.
- Waterproof: Not only is this device waterproof but up to a depth of 50m it can detect your swimming stroke with its swimming stroke recognition function and track your activity. It can track a total of 20 activities counting every step, distance, and calorie.
- Features: The band features skin-friendly material that avoids and discomfort while sitting perfectly on your hand. It has Bluetooth, a 1.5 hour charge time, vibration and mute mode, pedometer, Huawei support app downloadable, and provides customized advice to help alter and improve your lifestyle.
- Price: The device is available for roughly AED 89.
- Screen: The Fitmate Z1 comes with a large 0.91-inch OLED screen. All the information you need is visible when you simply turn your gaze towards your wrist.
- Battery Size: You can connect the band to any USB outlet, computer, or charging socket, for an easy-quick charge no matter where you are. Plus. the battery lasts you 5 whole days on a single charge.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No. It does track steps with its pedometer and keeps a record of how many calories you burn. Walking and moving frequently is known to boost blood circulation, improve cognitive abilities, reduce stress, and improve overall functioning of the heart.
- Sleep Tracker: Yes. The device has a sleep monitor that measures the duration and quality of your rest. Sleep is an important component of recovery which is essential to living a healthy life. This band keeps track of how long and well you sleep and then sync those stats to your smartphone. It then gives you tips on how you can improve your sleeping patterns.
- Waterproof: The Fitmate Z1 really grabs our eye with its waterproofing. You can submerge it underwater and still receive notifications and alerts. This is commonly only seen on the most expensive trackers out there.
- Features: It is compatible with Android versions later than 4.3 and IOS 7.0 and above.
- Price: Grab this device on offer where you can purchase it for roughly AED 75.
Best Premium Fitness Bands in UAE
If you’re looking for a band that goes beyond mere function and exudes style then you’d want to invest in some of the premium fitness bands in UAE.
The best premium fitness bands in UAE are gadgets that offer you all the basic utility functions plus cutting edge design, the pinnacle of a brand’s product range, and a number of added features.
The best fitness bands in UAE consciously help you increase your activity levels, monitor vitals such as sleep and heart rate. The functions promote moving away from a sedentary lifestyle, which has become rather deep-rooted with rapid advancements in technology. With automated systems, we move less than our predecessors and this poses a number of health issues that can have chronic effects.
The exotic selection of the best fitness bands in UAE make heads turn. The versatile gadget with its sleek and elegant look enables you to wear them in both formal settings and when working out.
- Screen: Yes. The device has an interactive screen that displays the calories burned and distance travelled on the device itself. Something that older devices couldn’t do and required you to open the app.
- Battery Size: The battery should last you an entire week on a single charge. Lifespan may decrease based on the number of functions you run simultaneously. It comes with a USB charger giving you a greater degree of flexibility.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes. This Fitbit model does have a heart rate monitor. It tracks your heartbeat during restful hours, when you’re going about your regular day, and when you perform intense cardiovascular tasks or workouts. You get 24-hour monitoring of your vitals.
- Sleep Tracker: Powered by PurePulse the device automatically tracks the stages of your sleep. It sends you updates on various sleeping stages such as REM sleep and deep sleep.
- Waterproof: The device is water-resistant up to a depth of 50m. Do not take it into saltwater and try avoiding submerging it underwater as well.
- Features: The device can sync with OS X 10.6 and higher, iPod gen 3 and above, as well as Android 4.3 and onward. With GPS tracking you can worry about where your phone or you are less.
- Price: The band is available for roughly AED 250. Given its price and features, it definitely is one of the best premium fitness bands in UAE.
- Screen: Yes. The device uses its 1.4-inch screen to clearly display all the important data to you. From the time to notifications, movement updates, heart rate monitoring and everything in between.
- Battery Size: It has a decent-sized battery that lasts you between 3 to 5 days based on your usage.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes. Round the clock heart monitoring is present. It lets you keep an eye on your heart rate while resting and even when hitting those gruelling workouts. See heart rate zone to know how to push yourself more or when to hit the breaks.
- Sleep Tracker: Yes. The sleep tracker allows you to monitor and go over your sleep stages. You can then make adjustments in your day-to-day life in order to maximise your gain from rest.
- Waterproof: No. The device is water-resistant and not waterproof, which means you can wear it into the shower or in the rain. It can handle pressure up to 50m of depth.
- Features: Tracks all your steps, activities, and calories in a given day. It has a rest feature which helps you control breathing patterns. Reviewers claim this is highly beneficial especially if they have stress, anger management, or anxiety-related issues. Displays notifications, reminders to move, on-screen dashboard, GPS tracking and more.
- Price: the Fitbit Inspire HR is available for roughly AED 345.
- Screen: The band has a 0.95-inch coloured AMOLED screen that can display up to 45 characters at a time. It also features a full touch display.
- Battery Size: With standard usage, the battery can last you up to 15 days and download the health app on your device.
- Heart Rate Monitor: It tracks your heart rate automatically with over 10 sports modes. They range from walking outdoors to the rowing machine in the gym.
- Sleep Tracker: Yes. The band comes with a sleep tracker that lets you know more than if your sleep was good or refreshing. Data is provided based on the depth of your sleep. You gain a better insight as to how deep a slumber you go into, your REM stages and the overall quality of rest you get.
- Waterproof: It is water-resistant up to a depth of 50m but not waterproof.
- Features: It keeps tabs on your blood oxygen levels, which goes the extra mile in helping you learn about your internal health.
- Price: You can purchase this device for approximately AED 125.
- Screen: It does not have a screen but shows your activity with the help of its third hand on the dial itself.
- Battery Size: The battery in this watch can last up to 18 months of usage
- Heart Rate Monitor: No. It does not have a heart rate monitor. It offers you activity tracking as well as sleep tracking functions.
- Sleep Tracker: Yes. The device keeps a sleep score which displays your night’s rest once you wake up. It analyses your light and deep sleep cycles, interruptions, depth, and regularity. You can opt for your band to wake you up with its silent alarm feature.
- Waterproof: It is not waterproof but the device is water-resistant up to 50m deep.
- Features: More than 10+ activities such as swimming, jogging, cycling are recognized by the device. It counts the calories burned and distance covered in addition to its tracking function.
- Price: It is available for roughly AED 377.
- Screen: Yes. The Polar M600 features the largest screen on this list. The touchscreen is a 1.3-inch display and the additional two buttons save you a lot of time and trouble while navigating.
- Battery Size: It has a battery that lasts you nearly 2 entire days when paired with an Android device.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The device features the proprietary Polar wrist-based heart rate measurement technology, optimized particularly for Polar M600. Tighten the device around your wrist and you’re good to go. Polar H 10 heart rate sensor helps you track everything from laps in a pool to weights in the gym.
- Sleep tracker: No.
- Waterproof: The smartwatch is waterproof, so you can put your fear of dropping it into the pool or diving into the sea with it to rest.
- Features: It offers personalized guidance and feedback for your training and daily activity. You can track everything from steps, calories, distance, and sleep. The smartwatch is built for sports and has 2 buttons for quick control.
- Price: The device is currently available for an offer price of AED 899.
Fitness Band FAQs for UAE
This totally depends upon the usage. The battery of a fitness band can last for 5 days if you disable the notification feature. If you are continuously tracking any specific activity or your workout then the maximum battery life is five hours. After that, you will have to charge the fitness band. It gets fully charged in an hour or two.
Yes, a fitness band can track heart rate with ease. A fitness band measures your heart rate by scanning the blood flow next to the wrist. It does this by illuminating it with LEDs. You will notice that the fitness band flashes a green light. The reason why the green colour is chosen is that it is absorbed well by our blood which is red. Thus, enabling the optical sensors to gauge the flow of blood and heartbeats more accurately.
Yes, these days most of the fitness bands can withstand Dubai heat as they are built to withstand extreme heat conditions. However, note that not all fitness bands are capable of this. Therefore, before making your purchase you should always check for the heat resistance feature of the fitness band that you are planning to purchase. The heat resistant feature will show you how much heat it will be able to tolerate.
Not all fitness bands are waterproof. Thus, you need to ensure that the fitness band you want to purchase is waterproof. Note that, water-resistant is different from waterproof. A fitness band that is water resistant can resist water only to a certain degree, unlike waterproof fitness bands. Otherwise, it won’t survive a quick shower, a dip in the pool and a powerful rainstorm. Waterproof fitness bands aren’t just a handy tool for your workout, hikes or runs, they are your constant companion during these activities which include swimming and post-workout too.
Technology Inside a Fitness Band
Here are the technologies that make up the best fitness bands in UAE. This will help you know how fitness bands function.
The latest fitness bands make use of a 3-axis accelerometer as their primary sensor. This piece of technology is advanced and measures acceleration based upon the start of motion as well as the end of motion and intensity. In other words, it measures each and every movement of yours in every direction and helps in tracking those steps.
As you move, the Gyroscope reads your orientation and rotation. A 3 axis gyroscope can be paired with a 3 axis accelerometer to provide a ‘6 degree of freedom’ motion tracking system. Most of the fitness bands (reliable ones) use this combination for a better grip on the 3D workout motions performed by an individual.
Actigraphy for Sleep Tracking
Actigraphy is a technology present and used in a fitness band for sleep tracking. Wearing the fitness band on your wrist identifies your sleep patterns through the Actigraphy technology while you’re asleep. Further, the software in this technology translates those movements into periods of sleep and wake. This will let you know if you slept well or not and if you had a disturbed sleep or sound sleep. It assesses your sleep-wake cycles and circadian rhythms and how many times you tossed and turned in bed.
Through the triangulation process, a fitness band makes use of Global Positioning System (GPS) to determine the person’s exact location. It collects data as a set of coordinates from different satellites to calculate your position. GPS tracks your distance covered and terrain after going on the slopes and after a trail run. On integrating the GPS technology in a fitness band, it measures a series of points that are used to derive metrics accurately. These metrics include distance, speed and pace which keep the athletes informed about their performance.
Optical sensors perform a fantastic job in keeping you informed about your current heart rate. They measure how quickly or slowly your blood is getting pumped through the capillaries. Optical sensors are implemented in a fitness band for activity tracking, fitness tracking and health monitoring.
Altimeter is a technology meant for tracking your altitude specifically for a hike up the mountains (mountain climbing) and also while climbing the stairs. It measures your altitude and keeps track of it by making use of barometric pressure or GPS data. It also measures the altitude above sea level by measuring the atmospheric pressure.
Save time, Save effort!
These are the best fitness bands in UAE that you can use to springboard yourself on your journey to a healthier life. Research indicates by merely holding yourself accountable you are more likely to increase your overall energy expenditure, reduce caloric intake, and lead a more active life. In conjunction with a fitness band, consider downloading a yoga or fitness app on your smartphone to guide your journey. A better idea would be to purchase a smartwatch that’s the best one in UAE to respond to calls, messages, emails, set an alarm or reminder without taking your phone out of your pocket. Yes, you can do all of these things by wearing a smartwatch.
Maintaining a food journal is another great way to measure your intake and promotes mindful eating habits. Your body weight is another great indicator that helps you gauge your progress. With the best fitness band in UAE, you can increase your activity levels, promote good health, and even inspire family and friends to improve their lifestyle. In addition, to aid yourself on your journey, consider buying the best weighing scale in UAE and learn how to use one effectively to reach your goals.