The best thermal barcode label printer UAE is what you need to print different types of barcode labels. When it comes to tracking anything, right from basic inventory to patient data, selecting the right type of thermal barcode label printer makes a difference in the working of your system. The best thermal barcode label printer UAE is great for printing shipping labels, product labelling, parts tracking. As well as equipment tagging and lots more. Now, you want to know why barcode labels are of immense importance nowadays? That’s because they can help you to see the product details, stock on hand. As well as complete a sale if they’re connected to your sales and inventory management systems.
Here is an in-depth guide that I have put forth to help you in selecting the right one that fits your business requirements. You are really lucky since you’re here. Moreover, I have provided all the information about a thermal barcode label printer in this article. Take a deep breath before you dive into the best thermal barcode label printer UAE. Done? Ok, here you go.
Thermal Barcode Label Printer UAE – Quick List
|Thermal Barcode Label Printer||Print Speed||Barcode Type Supported||Resolution||Check Price|
|102 mm/sec||1D and 2D including QR code||203 DPI||Price on Amazon.ae|
|160 mm/sec||1D||203 DPI||Price on Amazon.ae|
|102 mm/sec||1D and 2D including QR code||203 DPI||Price on Amazon.ae|
|LF Stores||80 mm/sec||1D and 2D including QR code||203 DPI||Price on Amazon.ae|
Jump to Detailed Reviews
Evaluating a Barcode Label Printer
So before we proceed to the best thermal barcode label printer in UAE. You need to read and understand the evaluation of a barcode label printer. As a matter of fact, businesses can make use of a variety of printers to print barcode labels. The standard desktop inkjet or laser printers are suitable only for occasional. Or I would say low-volume barcode label printing projects.
However, the best solution for high-volume barcode label printing is the use of thermal barcode label printers. The reason behind this is that thermal barcode label printers offer a cost-effective as well as a more convenient solution. Thus catering to the needs/requirements of high-volume barcode label printing. Apart from this, if you’re using a POS system, then you can connect your barcode printer to it. This, in turn, could help streamline the sales and inventory.
Integration with Software
First and foremost, while evaluating the barcode label printer, you need to check for the integration of the software. To be more specific, this particular integration is with business management and inventory software. Some of these features include smooth functioning, maximum performance level, reliability and efficiency. Apart from these, the other services include inventory control, warehouse and asset management, garment production tracking, and work-in-process.
As a matter of fact, barcode integration along with inventory management speeds up the process on a real-time basis. SAP Smart Forms, SAP script and Adobe Forms are amongst the most common. These SAP software tools will design and print barcode labels, forms and documents.
The second most important factor while evaluating a barcode label printer is the print speed. As a matter of fact, different barcode label printing models have different printing speeds. The speed of the barcode label printer indicates how fast it can provide you with the results. I’m sure that nobody would want to own or use a printer that takes its own time Generally, the printer speed lies within the range 2 inches to 6 inches per second.
On the other hand, the printing speed of the high-end barcode label printers lies within the range 8 inches to 12 inches per second. Always opt for a high-speed barcode label printer. This is the case especially in this fast-paced culture in UAE.
Barcode Types supported
Another thing you need to check on is the type/types of barcode supported by the thermal barcode label printer. Most of the thermal barcode label printers support 1D (linear) barcode or 2D barcode. If you consider 1D barcode then the main type is UPC and EAN which is commonly used. 1D barcodes are necessary if you have a retail business, clinical diagnostics and pharmaceutical packaging. UPC and EAN codes are preferable for labelling consumer goods in the retail industry.
On the other hand, If you consider 2D barcode then a QR code, Datamatrix code, PDF417 and Aztec are the types of 2D barcodes. Out of which, the more commonly used 2D barcode is the QR code. Its benefit lies in the fact that it can carry information in both the vertical as well as the horizontal direction. Most often, QR codes are used in marketing and tracking initiatives. These include magazines, advertisements and business cards. On the other hand, Datamatrix codes are best for labelling electronic items, documents and small goods.
Some thermal barcode label printers support both 1D as well as 2D barcode types. Thus, making them a must buy. But, it also depends on the business you have or I would say the nature of your business. On the other hand, some thermal barcode label printers support either of the two. This means that they support either 1D or 2D barcode types. So, before you decide on the best thermal barcode label printer UAE, see which one fits your business requirements.
In other words, label longevity refers to the durability of the barcode label. In UAE, a thermal barcode label will be readable and last for 6 to 7 months. This is because it is sensitive to the exposure of heat. So it will start fading in 6 months. But, if you want the barcode label to stay on for long periods or permanently. Then consider purchasing a thermal barcode label printer with the option of direct thermal as well as thermal transfer. Using the thermal transfer method will give you results that are extremely durable. And when you want a label that lasts for only 6 to 7 months, then you can use the direct thermal feature.
- Printing Method: This creatively designed printer offers a comprehensive choice of Direct Thermal and Thermal Transfer printing method. Both these printing methods contains distinctive characteristics which ensure that your application is fully satisfied.
- Excellence: It is well known for being reliable and providing excellent performance.
- Supports: This barcode printer supports EPL and strong ZPL programming language.
- Printing Applications: Being applicable to all kinds of low and middle quantity printing applications, this printer is worth purchasing.
- These include government departments, evidence tracking, health care such as laboratory samples and blood bank tags.
- Additionally, it also integrates printing price tags and receipts as well as documents.
- Further, the other areas of application include transportation and logistics. As well as products and freight tags, boarding pass and parking cards.
- Resolution: Firstly, with a resolution of 203 DPI (Dots per Inch), it prints faster. Secondly, it provides an acceptable image for most of the applications.
- Compact: Due to its compact design, this device is space-saving. So, you can place it on your desk without worrying about your other devices.
- Rapid Printing: With a 32-bit processor, it can process faster and prints quickly.
- Large Capacity Memory: In addition to its capability of processing faster and printing quickly, it can store more pictures. Also, it can store more of those with a longer tag format.
- Print Speed: With a print speed of 102 mm/sec, this printer can rapidly print thus reducing your waiting time.
- Media Type: It prints on label paper, reel or folding paper and tag materials. As well as wrist strap and receipt paper.
- Button Flash Sequence: This printer supports button flash sequence which configures the darkness, sets defaults, configures the print widths and also calibrates the levels.
- Interface: With serial, parallel and USB interface. This barcode printer can meet different connection requirements.
- Barcodes: This barcode printer is capable of printing all types of barcodes. Thus, it can print 1D, 2D and QR codes with ease.
- Price: Zebra Thermal Barcode printer is available approximately for AED 710.
- Auto Paper Positioning Function: All thanks to the modularized printing software. It helps you to adjust the barcode, so you can enlarge or rotate it without any hassle.
- Printing Paper Width: The width range of the wide printing paper is 23mm – 80mm. It works with a thermal sticker, thermal paper roll, thermal label etc.
- Voltage Range: This thermal barcode printer comes with a built-in power adapter support. The 100-240V wide voltage range is suitable for various districts.
- Thermal Printing Media: Fortunately, to use this device, all you need is a thermal paper and thermal sticker. Moreover, there’s absolutely no need for ribbon, ink or a carbon transfer.
- Thus, it is not only convenient but is also cost-saving.
- Fast Printing Speed: A speed of 160 mm or 5 inches/second makes this device highly efficient.
- High Resolution: With a resolution of 203 DPI (dots per inch), it can print quite fast. Moreover, it provides you with clear printing results, without making you wait too long.
- Fantastic Office Helper: You can use it widely in various businesses. These include logistics, restaurants, cafes, apparel and bars.
- Supports: It supports barcode, Graphic (PCX, BMP), label, and font 0 to font 8. Besides, it also supports English, Korean and Chinese printing.
- Graphics: It supports Mono PCX and BMP files and can download it into flash or DRAM.
- Enlargement and Rotation: It offers 1 to 10 times enlargement. And a rotation of 0 degrees, 90 degrees, 270 degrees and 360 degrees rotation.
- Price: Festnight Thermal Barcode Label printer is available for around AED 300.
- Solves Toughest Printing Challenges: Although this device is the latest in Honeywell’s extensive range of printer and supplies. Its focus lies on solving all your toughest printing challenges.
- Interface: The serial connectivity or interface that it supports is USB, Serial and Ethernet.
- Economical Choice: This streamlined thermal transfer printer is an economical choice. That too for media up to 110 mm, 4.3 inches wide.
- Direct Thermal+Thermal Transfer: It’s creatively designed for printing labels in both direct thermal as well as the thermal transfer method. This enables you to select between permanent and temporary labels as per your preferences. Thus able to match costs while meeting your needs.
- Label Making Operations: Since this printer is capable of accommodating large size ribbons, it can print longer with the same. This indicates that you don’t have to replace the ribbon often. That too before needing media replenishment lifting productivity.
- Simple yet Effective: It’s ideal for all those businesses who require printing a handful of labels. That too on a daily basis.
Additional Benefits of Honeywell Barcode Printer
- Easy to Install: A barcode printer that’s super easy and quick to set up or install. Thus, it’s best for businesses who don’t want to deal with complicated barcode label printers. Within a few minutes, your printer is ready to use and prints at a fast pace.
- Aesthetics: Featuring an attractive dark grey colour that is sure to blend with your office interior. Moreover, it won’t look dirty due to its dark colour, as stains won’t be visible. So, you won’t have to clean it often. Wiping it with a dry cloth is more than enough.
- Price: Honeywell Barcode printer is available for an estimated price of AED 650.
- Automatic Paper Measurement: This barcode printer features a built-in drive that measures the paper automatically. Additionally, it also comes with editing software that facilitates one-click printing.
- Visual Window: You can see the internal operation of the printer at any time through the visual window.
- Save Time & Effort: This barcode printer eliminates the hassle and waste of sheet labels. Moreover, it can also customize and print the address, file folder and barcode labels.
- Clarity: It maintains the clarity in each and every barcode label by printing crystal clear.
- Auto Cutter: All thanks to this barcode printer. It features an optional automatic stripping or tear off function. Hence, this auto-cutter improves work efficiency and saves you time.
- So, it’s your choice if you want to tear off the barcode label manually. Or want it to be done automatically.
- Portable: Since this barcode printer is lightweight and compact in design. You can take it along with you anywhere. This portable printer is here at your convenience.
- Dual Mode Printing: With the help of dual-mode printing. It can switch easily between receipt and label mode. Thus, it can print on thermal receipts as well as barcode label sticker pages.
- Multi-Functional: A perfect travel partner that you carry along on your business trip. And also benefit smart label printing in no time. Moreover, you can also use it as your shipping label wireless printer or your office label maker.
- Graph: It enables you to download the image files PCX and BMP to FLASH and DRAM.
- Extension and Rotation Character: You can extend the characters 1 to 10 double in crossing and portrait. As well as the printing rotation to 0 degrees, 90 degrees, 270 degrees and 360 degrees.
- Price: LF Stores Barcode Printer is available approximately for AED 550.
Let’s head on to the next important sections that you can’t afford to skip. Ensure you read through carefully in order to purchase the best thermal barcode label printer UAE.
2D and 1D Barcodes
So, why are barcode labels so essential? Barcodes are a crucial element when you run your own logistical, retail or manufacturing business. That’s because they can help your business in organizing its supply chain and inventory. In fact, barcodes enable your business to keep track of your various products efficiently. A barcode consists of a product number, manufacturer’s name, contact number and more. When this information is printed on a product, it makes it easy to track the product in your own inventory system. As it moves throughout the world.
Since there are different types of barcode labels available. You need to know and make sure which barcode label will serve your needs. Here is a section I have penned down after careful and thorough research. The most common barcodes available are 1D (1 Dimensional) and 2D (2 Dimensional). This section will guide you through and explain how each of the two work.
First and foremost, let’s discuss the 2D barcodes. 2D barcodes are an update to the older 1D barcode technology. Firstly, 2D barcodes increase data storage in a barcode. They contain more information besides the numerical information. This is because they use patterns and shapes like squares, hexagons, and dots to encode the information. 2D barcodes contain names, contact numbers, addresses, website URLs, images and more. Hence, a 2D barcode is always better and preferred over a 1D barcode as it can carry a lot of information at once. Moreover, 2D barcodes are more durable in comparison to 1D barcodes and are readable even if a part is damaged.
Besides this, you can also print the 2D barcodes smaller, with 0% COMPROMISE on the amount of encoded data. Now, you must be wondering why this barcode label is termed as 2D or 2 Dimensional. The reason behind this is you can read the pattern both vertically as well as horizontally. Also, you may not need data connectivity. For instance, the QR code which is a popular 2D barcode will not only identify the object. But it will also store the manufacturer’s website, an image, the tracking information. As well as the history of the item and much more.
However, the downside of the 2D barcode is that you will need special equipment to print it. Additionally, keep in mind that it can be read by an imaging scanner only. But, 2D barcodes excel in labelling delicate and small components. These components include test tubes and circuit boards.
1D barcodes are commonly known as linear barcodes. Although 1D barcodes are an older form of technology, they are used more commonly. Most often, they’re seen on packages and consumer goods, such as UPC barcodes. To give you a better understanding, a UPC code or symbol is in the form of alternating black vertical bars (lines) with white spaces. These black lines are in varying widths. As a matter of fact, these black lines along with the white spaces, together encode the data. The numbers that are present at the bottom of the symbol represent the data that’s encoded in that particular symbol. Additionally, 1D barcodes get longer with more data.
Moreover, the usefulness of 1D barcodes comes with their ability to connect to a dynamic database. For instance, if the UPC code identifies an item. And its database (DB) connection allows or enables the seller to change the item’s price without re-printing new barcodes. How wonderful that is. Isn’t it? Therefore, 1D barcodes prove useful and successful in giving the items new data without replacing the code.
The use of 1D barcodes is declining in small industries. This is because the small size of 2D barcodes or symbols makes them a more attractive option. However, linear barcodes still remain a critical element in many industries and applications. Such as pharmaceutical packaging, clinical diagnostics, and shipping labels. Due to the benefits of universal recognition, simplicity, low cost and ability to be printed & decoded easily. 1D symbols are still widely popular across the globe.
However, the downside of 1D barcodes lies in the fact that they’re limited by the number of characters it can hold. As you have seen, 1D barcodes carry numerical information i.e the product number. Secondly, they can’t store a lot of information which indicates that it carries only limited information. And it’s only useful when the numerical information is tagged along with the information from a database. On the other hand, camera-based imaging scanners and traditional laser scanners can read 1D barcodes. Therefore, owning one or two at your store or in your warehouse would be a good idea.
Barcode Label Printer FAQs
The different barcode label sizes are as follows:
1) 100mm x 150mm x 1, M46 2) 50mm x 50mm x 1, M221 3) 25mm x 25mm x 4, M114
4) 75mm x 75mm x 1, M33. As well as 5) 50mm x 25mm x 1, M211 6) 50mm x 25mm x 2, M212 7) 100mm x 40mm x 1, M440 8) 34mm x 20mm x 3, M113. 9) 100mm x 50mm x 1, M42 10) 100mm x 100mm x 1, M44.
In order to avoid expensive repairs or replacements and keep the thermal barcode label printer UAE running properly, good maintenance is crucial. Here are some simple tips to follow to maintain your label printer. And to keep them working in top form. Firstly, you should clean your printhead. Secondly, you should clean your other printer areas. Thirdly, you should check your heat and darkness settings.
In addition, you should keep your media sensor clean, perform a PAUSE test, and set up a maintenance contract. Moreover, you should select the correct media, and change the settings with caution. As well as update the software and replace the batteries in time.
No. Thermal printers (direct) don’t use ink, toner or ribbon. They only use chemically treated paper which darkens when heated by a thermal print head. Hence, they are totally inkless. Additionally, thermal printers help you to save your hard-earned money since you don’t need to spend on ink cartridges and printing ribbons. Hence, investing in a thermal printer or barcode label printer saves on operational costs.
Organize & Track your Products with Unique & Custom Barcodes
I’m glad that you have made it until the end of this article. Indeed, when it comes to the success of your business, using the right devices are of utmost importance. If you have read through this entire article, then I’m sure the best thermal barcode label printer is just a step away. All you need to do is identify your requirements and follow each and everything that I have provided in this article. Also, you need to keep your budget in mind while making your purchase.
Personally, I feel that you should purchase a good quality thermal barcode label printer with maximum features and functionalities. That’s because you may expand your business or you may benefit an increase in sales. You never know. So, if you purchase a better one, then you won’t have to replace the barcode label printer. Ensure you maintain the thermal barcode label printer by keeping it clean. And also by using it the appropriate way. You may also want to know about the best barcode scanner UAE. These little flash lighting machines can scan various types of barcodes during billing.