Grab the best digital weighing scale in UAE and stay in shape all year round. Well, if only it was that simple……. You may be setting fat loss goals or maybe you need to gain a fair amount of weight. Perhaps you just want to maintain your current lifestyle and keep an eye on your waistline. A weighing scale is an absolute necessity! By simply eyeballing it, you may find yourself stuck in one place for months or worse, if you are like me, increasing in weight.
Covered in this Article How to choose the best weighing scale Product Recommendations Rank 1: Smart Weight Scale Rank 2: Global Xiaomi Intelligent Scale Rank 3: Mi body Weighing Scale Rank 4: Honor Smart Scale Best Used with… Weighing Scale FAQs Weighing Scale will not help, Lifestyle Changes Will Exercise Diet Maintenance Weight Sleep Conclusion
Intend on changing your body’s appearance? Whether it’s fitting into a tight summer dress by losing a few pounds or building broad shoulders on a lean frame of muscle, you need a structured plan. And, its no secret, for a plan to be effective it needs to be measurable.
Why you ask?! If it can be measured it can be managed. A healthy weight loss program aims to drop 500 grams to a 1kg of your body weight per week. Anything more should be avoided due to the chances of a lapse in your diet, extreme mood swings, depletion of energy, and such vexatious issues. After a while of questionably ‘fixing your diet,’ there may come a point where you do not see the fat from your body melt away. Naturally, you may think you are stagnating in your journey. This isn’t necessarily the case, there are two types of body fat.
To probe deeper, namely, subcutaneous fat (the belly fat, thunder thighs, and love handle we are desperate to lose). And, visceral fat, which is the fat that surrounds your internal organs. Without a weighing scale, it is nearly impossible to know if you are progressing and losing visceral fat (which will not show on your hips!) instead of subcutaneous fat. Hence, you need to purchase the best digital weighing scale in UAE.
You may not be as healthy as you think
Visceral fat is responsible for heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, and affects your hormone levels. Needless to say, it requires immediate action. A good day to start losing visceral fat ‘WAS YESTERDAY’. But don’t fret, it’s never too late to start. Take initiative and in a few short months you can burn off all the dangerous fat. In addition to a prolonged lifespan, your hormonal composition improves. You begin to feel more energetic, happy, and activities such as taking a walk for leisure don’t seem so daunting.
Soon the subcutaneous fat will melt away and that leads to increased levels of confidence, self-appreciation, and newfound comfort in your own skin. Try not to take too long staring at yourself in the mirror at this point- vanity doesn’t pay. It takes 4 weeks for you to notice changes, 7 weeks to build a habit, and 12 weeks for people around you to notice. In this regard, a weighing scale can help you keep an eye on things.
So, without wasting another moment grab the best digital weighing scale in UAE and embark on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.
How to Choose the Best Digital Weighing Scale in UAE?
When it comes down to making a decision every weighing scale will offer you the basic function. That is measuring your weight. But, there are a number of features that certain products offer to improve your method of tracking progress. These features are packed into the best digital weighing scale in UAE, so let’s take a look at them.
- If you are morbidly obese weighing scales may not quite cut it. On average, weighing scales can accommodate a person weighing up to 180kg.
- If you still cannot find a scale then you should consider going to a clinic for a weigh-in.
- Do not step back now. Congratulate yourself for taking the first step to changing your life.
- Now, you no longer need to flip over your weighing scale, press a button, and wait 30 seconds for it to load.
- Neither is there a need to check-in with the old school practice of bringing the dial to an absolute ‘0’ before you step on. (Plus, let’s be honest we have all left it slightly behind zero at some point).
- Simply place a foot on your scale, wait for 2 to 5 seconds and hop on. Once you get off, the weighing scale will automatically shut down. Some scales may then show you additional body composition details.
- No more flimsy plastics and rubber sole scales.
- Today nearly all scales including solar, electronic, digital, and spring ones are made from durable materials.
- Tough glass, metallic frame ends, reinforced plastic all find their way into the manufacturing process.
- Particularly designed for the convenience of fitness enthusiasts.
- You can weigh in, gather additional data such as body fat percentage, BMI, etc. and sync it up to a fitness app of your choice.
- This allows you to track your progress digitally along with your diet and workouts.
- You can choose from a plethora of options to customize your weighing scale.
- You get readings on your body composition that helps you make lifestyle changes.
- Allow your result to be read back instead of typed out on screen.
- Connect your USB or Ethernet cable to your machine.
- Or go crazy and get scales featuring ‘peripheral equipment’. You can connect printers and scanners to upload to and transfer information from.
Body fat analysis
- The quest to strip down body fat is everyone’s goal. However, losing weight doesn’t always mean your body fat levels go down.
- This leads to the look of being ‘skinny fat’ wherein you are the ideal weight for your height, gender, and age. But, you still have fat around your belly or thighs that won’t seem to go.
- This can lead to clothes not fitting the way you want or simply leave you disheartened.
- The solution is to build muscle, lift weights, eat right. You may even notice your body fat going down and weight increase. Don’t worry muscle is heavier than fat.
Lean muscle mass
- This is the weight of your body minus the fat mass is commonly known as lean body mass. Lean muscle mass is your body’s ideal weight if you didn’t have any fat on it. However, it is important to remember you need a certain amount of subcutaneous fat to stay healthy.
- On the other hand, visceral fat is public enemy number one and poses serious threats. In order to reduce visceral fat, you should follow these tips. Limit or preferably eliminate sugars from your diet. Reduce cortisol levels, cortisol is a stress hormone and can lead to rapid weight gain and accumulation of fat loss. Try breathing exercises, eating a balanced diet, staying away from gadgets and work before bed, going for walks and trying to stick to a routine. Finally, address anything that causes insulin resistance (unless you have a medical condition).
- It includes the weight of your organs, skin, bones, body water, and muscle mass.
- It is important to note that these figures are a ballpark estimate and not 100% accurate.
Weight tracking over time
- Even for those who are not too concerned about losing weight or building muscle, tracking is important.
- It provides an indicator of your current lifestyle. Even if your nutrition and exercise are in-check you may experience an increase or decrease in weight. This occurs due to stress, sleeping patterns, change in schedules, and other happenings in daily life.
- It is important to weigh-in once a week to know where you stand and make changes accordingly.
Still, think a weighing scale isn’t essential to your betterment? Yep, that’s what I thought too. So, without any further ado read on below and see the top picks of the best digital weighing scale in UAE.
- Body Measurements: This scale offers 10 unique body measurements. Such as bone mass, BMI, BMR, visceral fat, weight, body fat, and more. You can use these diverse indicators to gain a better understanding of your body composition.
- Set Up Time and Price: The device takes 5 seconds to start up. Within a few short seconds, you can plop your feet on to the weighing scale and get an accurate reading. It is available for roughly AED 135.
- Power Source: You need 3 AAA size batteries. The interchangeable batteries allow you to simply pop in a new set without worrying about internal faults.
- Maximum Weight Capacity: The scale can weigh an individual up to 180kg. This means whether you are a lanky individual or someone hefty you can buy the scale. It can accommodate you regardless of your structure.
- Added Features: The scale allows you to weigh yourself at any time with its tracking management app. You can have up to 16 profiles set with all your details for a more accurate picture. This eliminates the need to feed in some specific information every time like gender, age, height, etc.
- Body Measurements: It provides information on 10 data points about your body composition. Such as muscle mass, visceral fat, basal metabolism, weight, bone weight, and more. This will help you stay motivated longer when you hit plateaus.
- Set Up Time and Price: It takes 3 seconds for the panel to brighten up on its own. The LED lights have sensors that automatically adjust themselves for brightness and readability. The weighing scale costs approximately AED 105.
- Power Source: Uses 4 standard AAA batteries. 4 batteries are easy to store and you can remove one after using the device to make sure you aren’t wasting charge by accidentally switching the scale on.
- Maximum Weight Capacity: It has a capacity up to 150kg and can create 12 separate user profiles. Even if you are on the heavier end of the spectrum and hosting a lot of water weight this scale is capable of weighing you. With customizable profiles, it can also save the body composition details of your friends and family members.
- Added Features: Complex algorithms along with advanced Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis ensure you meet your health goals with data-driven decisions. Having numbers to aid your weight loss journey is a surefire way of achieving success. It has stainless steel electrodes as well. Connect with your Mi-Fit App to see all your data in one place.
- Body Measurements: This scale tracks 4 things namely weight, BMI, body type and your goals. The basic functions are coupled with its app to make tracking easier. You gain a deeper understanding of your body and what is ‘healthy’ body composition. In case you struggle with the data provided, it is helpful to remember that you should aim to lose no more than 1% of your total body mass per week.
- Set Up Time and Price: The scale takes 5 seconds to power up and then displays clever readings with it’s 161 LED lights. The advanced lighting features enable you to view the display virtually under any lighting condition. The scale is relatively inexpensive costing approximately AED 70.
- Power Source: Requires 4 AA batteries that power up the device are sure to you an entire year.
- Maximum Weight Capacity: Built with strong tempered glass can support up to 150kg. The durable design ensures your scale remains protected in case it slips or drops.
- Added Features: The scale features Bluetooth 4.0. It comes with auto-updates that sync to your Mi-Fit app. The scale is intuitive featuring auto-user identification and child and adult detection. It can store 16 user profiles. Save up to 800 weight records with Mi Smart Scale’s memory.
- Body Measurements: The Honor smart scale displays data of your physical composition. This shows you which areas you need to work in order to optimise your health. The 9 body analysis detection covers weight, body fat percentage, BMI, bone mass, protein, muscle mass, water, and BMR. These are critical indicators that allow you to adjust your lifestyle in accordance. If you are someone who prioritises health having such a scale is a golden glove in your corner.
- Set Up Time and Price: The scale takes 3 seconds to boot up, which is about how long it takes to stand and adjust yourself on the scale. Further, the device is quite inexpensive and costs approximately AED 95.
- Power Source: The scale uses 4 AAA size batteries. No charging or worrying about replacing batteries frequently. You can use the scale comfortably for up to a year before you need to replace the battery.
- Maximum Weight Capacity: Tempered glass panel and pearly white colour ABS plastic scale can hold up to 180kg of weight. Stylish and durable, this scale is a dependable and trustworthy companion to have when you embark on your lifestyle change journey.
- Added Features: PCA algorithm and other advanced technology give you accurate results. And, it comes with Bluetooth 4.1. It has social media connectivity to post and display your progress. The smart scale even provides a health report, smart alarm, and customized suggestions. All while being able to connect to a fitness app of your choice.
Best Used With
Here are some products and tips to see consistent results once you pick up the best digital weighing scale in UAE.
- Once you’ve embarked upon a weight loss or fat loss journey you are going to face plateaus.
- When you’ve hit a wall and the scale isn’t moving use a measuring tape and check regions such as your neck, chest, arms, hips, thighs, and calves.
- Often you may find that you’ve lost inches and not weight. Your body begins to appear firmer and increasingly toned.
- This is especially true if you’ve adopted a suitable resistance training program along with a diet change.
- Muscle weighs more than fat so you may even increase a slight gain in weight if you hit the weights.
- Overall getting progressive results on your measurements can help you stay motivated and power through your program.
- Use a weighing scale to track progress numerically and a measuring tape for visual changes. In conjuction, they can help you see yourself through an otherwise seemingly daunting task.
- A food scale or commonly known as a digital kitchen scale can be your best friend when it comes to losing or packing on a few pounds.
- A food scale enables you to track the weight of your food which you can then log into a fitness app to give you an accurate picture of the calories present.
- If you are on a diet break (which you should be when making a lifestyle change) at regular intervals then a digital kitchen scale will ensure you do not go overboard.
- A kitchen scale can help you cook, divide, and place your meals into containers for the next couple of days. This saves you a great amount of time when it comes to measuring weight and counting macros. Simply do it and one time, place the containers in the fridge and microwave them when its time to eat.
- A food scale can help you measure ingredients when baking items such as cakes where proportions matter. It can also help you stick to the safe limits of caffeine in case you love multiple cups of coffee in a day. Yes, stained teeth are not the worst thing that coffee can do if drunk excessively.
- There are a number of free-to-use fitness apps that have paid versions. Some of the most common ones are My Fitness Pal, Strong, and Mi-Fitt. Using a fitness app can help you track the caloric value of your meals, and design flexible diets.
- It can be difficult to eat out when you are on a diet. Luckily, with a bar code scanner and a comprehensive listing of restaurants you can eat just about anywhere and hold yourself accountable.
- You can play around with your macros and figure out how you want to split them among food sources in one place.
- Further, you can track your workouts to the ‘T’ with a fitness application. Which body part throughout the week, sets, rest, volume, and more.
- Further, these applications provide useful content and support interactions from experienced community members. This can help you find motivation on the days you’d much rather stay indoors.
- Some apps can directly sync with the best digital weighing scale in UAE to import all body composition data. This includes weight, body fat percentage, lean muscle weight, hydration levels, BMI, and bone mass among other key indicators.
Weighing Scale FAQs
Type out ‘Digital Bathroom Scale’ in your search bar when looking for weighing scales to weigh yourself.
For most scales, you will need AAA size batteries. Some scales may even need AA and the number of cells will vary from 2-4. Some scales may also come with watch cell batteries.
Ideally, a set of batteries should last about an entire year. If multiple members use the scale daily it reduces the battery life. It can make sense to remove the battery after each use. This helps ensure the scale does not switch on if accidentally touched.
This depends on the machine that you buy. If it is possible, commonly you will find a small button or switch beneath the battery cover.
Scales that offer you a weight tracking feature will display your last weight measurement up against your current measurements on that scale. This is helpful as it reminds you of your last reading in case you lose record.
Yes, with extreme caloric restriction and intense resistance training. Unless you are a professional athlete or bodybuilder you are not likely to be exposed to the dangers of extremely low body fat levels. On the other hand, high amounts of body fat also have health implications and should be addressed instantly.
Honestly, no. Your body fat levels are influenced by a number of factors such as water intake, sodium levels, carbohydrates, etc. A weighing scale can give you a rough estimate which is sometimes way off. However, using a single scale you can track your starting point and follow through your body fat levels to a lower point. At the end of the day, you want to make progress, feel good, and look good. This is why sticking to one scale is important.
Pick one, it doesn’t matter if one shows you a higher number than the other. What is important is that you pick a scale mark down your current numbers and work to improve them on that very scale. A scale isn’t 100 percent accurate but should 100% show you progressive results when you do the needful. Tracking is the key not how much you weigh in the doctor’s office vs at home.
To get started, choose a particular time of day to hop on to the best digital weighing scale in UAE. It doesn’t matter if you get on the scale with an empty stomach in the morning or fully belly in the evening. What is important is to ensure that the time of day remains consistent. This is because your body fluctuates about 2kgs throughout the day based on food intake, water levels, and other factors. By standardising the time you can reduce the impact of variables and get accurate readings.
To get the numbers to drop and have an accurate reading do the following. Ensure the footpads are clean. Choose a time of day that apart from early mornings as the body is usually dehydrated. Ensure you are normally hydrated and have an empty bladder. Stay consistent with the time of day that you weigh yourself.
Healthy weight loss is subjective to your size. Unless you are morbidly obese a healthy amount of weight you should aim to lose is 0.5% to 1% of your total weight per week. If you are morbidly obese you can aim to lose 3% and border at 4% per week but maintain this for no more than 2 months at a stretch.
Unfortunately not every scale has the ability to sync up with your fitness apps. As for the ones that do, some are exclusive to their own brand label. Such as Xiaomi scales having the Mi-Fit App. However, you can manually add your weight and measurements to an app of your choice and maintain a log.
An error message usually occurs when you stand on a scale before it turns on or is set at 0. You must first turn the scale on, wait for the 0 to be displayed and then step on it.
This happens if you are not standing on the scale barefoot. In order to get an accurate body fat reading the soles of your feet must be correctly placed on the steel electrodes of the platform.
Weighing Scale Will Not Help, Lifestyle Changes Will
Now that you have a better understanding of how to tackle your weigh-issues its time to put into practice. But wait! Not before you complete the most crucial section. Congratulations on reading so far, as a reward. I want to debunk some myths for you so that this becomes your one-stop shop when it comes to weight loss. Above I mentioned having a good resistance training program and eating wisely. Here, I will expand on this and equip you with the information to do it for yourself.
The idea behind this is to help you save as much time, money, and energy possible and see results that work. So buckle up.
Must-do exercises for fat loss
- No matter what anyone says (yes this is especially for you ladies) lifting weights will not make you ‘bulk up’. In order to put on massive muscles that make your shoulders pop and quads tear up, you need high levels of testosterone. Which is not present in a females body unless you’re on ‘Gear’ or ‘Juice’.
- To begin, search for a program that enables you to work 4-5 days a week and have two days off. The reason for this is simple, your body is quick to adapt and will eventually stop responding if you don’t push it. Until this point, you want to get the maximum result while putting in the least amount of work.
- Gradually increase the number of training sessions, volume, sets, and begin training particular groups of muscles. Progressive overload is the name of the game. That means in order to lose weight (which happens when you build muscle, as you burn more calories to keep muscle than you do fat) you need to build adequate muscle. This is done by progressively increasing the above. As a beginner, it is best to perfect technique before racking up the 100kg bench press.
- Include HIIT workouts. No this does not mean you go about punching people in your neighborhood. HIIT stands for High-Intensity Interval Training and is a sure-fire way of losing weight. Tons of research shows that high-intensity training burns calories long after you’ve stopped training. This can extend up to 24 hours post-session. When starting out have no more than 1-2 HIIT sessions per week for 10 minutes.
- If done correctly you will be tired by minute 4, especially if you haven’t been exercising. The idea behind HIIT is that you operate at 95% of your maximum heart rate for 20 seconds and then keep moving for 40 more. Do this with an activity for 10 minutes. This could be peddling on a stationary bike, burpees, mountain climbers, sprints outdoors, or even jump rope.
The best type of diet for you and choosing what to eat
- I’m going to upset a lot of dieticians and nutritionists with this. Not to discredit any diet out there. If it has been made it works and has gained popularity accordingly. There are a number of diets you can choose from paleo, keto, naturopathic, intermittent fasting, Atkins, red and green, etc. Yet, when you type them into forums you’ll find mixed reviews. Those that swear by them, others that brush them aside nonchalantly. That is because most people cannot make a lasting change with these diets.
- The only diet that works is one that you can sustain. Sure, anyone can power through 12 weeks to look good (okay let’s be honest not everyone and even those that do mostly end up cheating or binging at some point) but what happens then?
- Finding a diet that works for you is crucial if you are going to keep the pounds off. So, take a look at your eating patterns, take a look at your lifestyle. If you work irregular hours and have no timing sense intermittent fasting won’t be possible. Similarly, if your natural diet is based on a considerable amount of carbohydrates it’s unlikely you will stick to a keto plan for long.
- To get started, note down all the foods you know that are healthy and can eat, next include the few that you can stomach occasionally, lastly factor in the foods that you love but are unhealthy (yes you get to eat them too).
- Next, find your maintenance weight (read next topic)
- Now you can work your macros, account for the foods you like and maintain a deficit of 200 calories, open up a fitness app search the caloric values and plug them in. A healthy place to start is 45% of your calories from carbohydrate sources, 35% from protein sources and 20% from fat.
- 85% of your meal plan should be from clean sources, 15% you can indulge in what you love (assuming its those sugary treats).
- Remember to drink lots of water, water not only aids in weight loss but helps you feel fuller for longer. This, in turn, helps you avoid racking on those unnecessary calories.
- What you are left with are foods that you enjoy and an approach that doesn’t seem extremely restrictive. You are more likely to succeed if you replace the idea of ‘dieting’ with ‘sustainable eating’.
How to find your Maintenance Weight
- Avoid taking the readings of online calculators as the words of the holy grail. Most often than not they provide-at best a ballpark figure.
- What you should do is this. Weigh yourself in the morning using the best digital weighing scale in UAE, carry on with your day of regular eating while tracking everything. You will know how many calories you are consuming by the end on an average. Check in the next day and repeat the process for the rest of the week.
- If at the end of the week you have consumed the same amount of calories each day and not moved in body weight then that’s your maintenance.
- If you have moved then adjust your calories accordingly, increase them if you lost weight or decrease them if you gained weight. Until you get one week of no change on the scale consuming the same number of calories.
- Now you can place yourself in a deficit of 200 calories per day to begin your weight loss journey. For the nerds, in terms of caloric value about 3,500 calories contribute to 1lb of fat. View your deficit and you can estimate in how many days you can lose 1lb of fat with your given level of activity.
Sleep for Weight Loss
- Yes, that’s right! Sleeping well and resting well can be just what you need to lose weight.
- Even if you do all of the above but do not rest there are chances you won’t lose weight.
- Your body will not recover from training sessions without adequate rest.
- A stressed mind cannot rest and that increases cortisol levels, which in turn stalls weight loss.
- Lastly, when you are asleep you can’t eat, so there is no way you’re going to dig into that tub of ice cream at 2 am.
There you have it! Everything you need to know about losing weight and all I’m selling you is the best digital weighing scale in UAE. Talk about value for money!
Get Lean & Stay Fit
- A weighing scale alone cannot make you lose weight. But getting the best digital weighing scale in UAE can help you track your progress as you put in the work.
- Focus on eating a balanced diet, with 35% of your food from protein sources, 45% from carbohydrates and the remaining from fats.
- Remember the key to losing weight is by staying in a caloric deficit of about 200-300 calories for an extended period of time.
- Juices are a great way to keep yourself filled and get in all your micronutrients. Consider buying the best juicer in UAE to help you on your journey.
- Take up resistance training and lift heavy in the 6-12 rep range.
- Add cardio sessions gradually working up to 30 minutes 3 times a week. Alternatively, perform HIIT 2 times per week.
- It is a good idea to take on a coach to help you with your goals or at the very least find a work-out buddy.
And there you go. Follow all this and the best digital weighing scale in UAE will track your progress. And will also give you the best results.