Breast milk is the best food for your baby. With the best breast pump UAE, you can make the breastfeeding process easy and convenient. Every mother wants to do everything possible for her newly born baby. The World Health Organization recommends exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months. This indicates that you can’t feed the baby with other fluids or solids for 6 months. After 6 months you need to continue breastfeeding and start with solid foods too for 2 years. So, it’s a combination of breastfeeding along with solid foods after completion of 6 months. While exclusively breastfeeding your baby, the best breast pump UAE is what you need on hand.
The best breast pump UAE will make your life easier as it is extremely beneficial. I’m sure you as a mother will want to know why and how for the safety of your child. First and foremost, it helps in increasing your milk supply, especially in those initial days. As a matter of fact, breast milk is produced on the basis of supply and demand. Hence, using the best breast pump UAE can increase your milk supply. That too, it’s just a matter of a few minutes.
You can use it either after nursing your child or maybe an hour or so before it. You’ll also want to pump beforehand if you need to go out. This allows others in the family can bottle feed the child in your absence or ensures your child is fed no matter where you take them. Thus, a breast pump enables you to keep your child fed at all times, ensuring they never go hungry.
Also, if you have to resume back to work, the best breast pump UAE will keep up your supply. This article has lots in store for you. Here’s everything you need to know about breast pumps besides nurturing your baby with unconditional love.
Types of Breast Pumps
Here lie the four main types of breast pumps. Each type of breast pump has its own features and uses. Ensure you read them all. This will help you and enable you to purchase the right one as per your needs. Your search for the best breast pump UAE will be simpler.
Double-electric Breast Pumps
Double-electric breast pumps are powerful electric models. They let you pump both the breasts at once. This, in turn, makes it one of the best breast pump UAE. You should definitely opt for a double electric breast pump if speed is a concern. Moreover, it is a very convenient option for working mothers.
Single-electric Breast Pumps
This breast pump will enable you to pump one breast at a time. Unlike the double-electric breast pump, it can’t pump both the breasts simultaneously. Thereby, it will take longer. However, it performs the task very well without any issues. But, if speed is a concern for you, or if you’re a working mother there are other options you can consider. However, a major plus point about single electric breast pump is that they are cheaper. In terms of utility there is no difference and milk is stored safely within the bottle.
Battery-operated Breast Pumps
These type of breast pumps can be slower. But, they work through batteries very quickly. The plus point of a battery-operated pump is that they’re portable. Secondly, they are extremely beneficial in situations where there’s no access to electric outlets. For example when you’re traveling long-distance or commuting to work. Battery operated breast pumps give you a greater degree of flexibility especially when you’re facing a time crunch or cannot afford to be seated next to a plug point for a while.
Manual Breast Pumps
Although manual breast pumps are portable, lightweight, and inexpensive, they have a downside too. Firstly, instead of the pump doing the work, you’ll be doing a lot of work yourself. Since it is manual as the name suggests. Secondly, you may not get the required quantity of milk. You may get just a little since you’re doing it manually.
Features to Look For in a Breast Pump
I hope the different types of breast pumps are clear to you before you make a decision. Now, before you look for the best breast pump UAE and purchase one. It’s very crucial to look for the necessary features in a breast pump. You don’t need to worry as I have made the task simpler, by jotting down everything here. The best breast pump UAE should meet your requirements.
What’s good and works for one mother may not be the right choice for you. This is because every mother’s lifestyle, schedule, and daily routine differs. You may be a working mother. While some are homemakers who need to cater to the needs of the other family members. On the other hand, you may be a mother with more kids or aged people at home. Well, below lie the important features for you to consider before you make a purchase. Consider the following features while purchasing the best breast pump UAE.
- Weight: If you travel quite often then a lightweight breast pump will be better. Similarly, a lightweight model will be the best option if you’re a working woman. Since it is very convenient if you’ll be commuting to your workplace.
- Sound: Some breast pumps are not that noisy. In case you’ll be using it around others, then you need a breast pump which is as silent as possible. You would obviously not want people to give you a weird stare.
- Hands-free: Some breast pumps enable you to pump without using your hands. These new models are completely hands-free without any wires or tubing. Moreover, some models of hands-free pumps can be worn even under your t-shirt.
- Cost: Ensure you keep a track of the budget as well. You may not want to purchase a very expensive piece. Or, you may need 2 or 3 breast pumps, for a simple reason. One reason might be that you want to purchase an additional one to keep in office. Secondly, you may want to purchase a new one after a few months. Maybe for a change or because you want to upgrade to a better one with more features.
Best Electric Breast Pumps in UAE
So, finally, moving on to the section containing the best electric breast pumps in UAE. After long hours of research, I have penned down these 5 best breast pump UAE.
Rank 1: Medela Swing Electric Breast Pump
- Two-Phase Pumping: The two-phase pumping methodology is a rhythm that enables pumping your milk gently and efficiently. Besides this, it is fully automatic.
- Stimulation Phase: This is the 1st phase. This phase just like the baby, that initially sucks rapidly, which in turn stimulates the let-down reflex, the pump mimics the process. You can adjust the timing as per your convenience as the pump gives you the flexibility..
- Expression Phase: This is Phase 2. Here, the pump automatically alters to a slower speed within 2 minutes as the milk begins to flow.
- Ideal while Travelling: Medela Swing electric breast pump is ideal for home use. You can use it daily for pumping of milk without any issues. Additionally, it’s very convenient for a working mother as she can use it when she’s commuting to her workplace.
- Great Mobility: This piece comprises a separate breast pump motor as well as tubing. Thus, enabling greater mobility.
- Silent: The electric motor of this breast pump is extremely silent. Therefore, it’s very useful for mothers who’ll be using it around the others. Also, a very useful piece to avoid disturbance to others while pumping.
- Lightweight: Since it is lightweight, compact and portable, it’s easy to carry around. Additionally, it’s easy to assemble too.
- Price: Medela Swing electric breast pump is available for approximately AED 620.
Rank 2: Real Bubee Double Electric Breast Pump
- BPA free: Real Bubee double electric breast pump is BPA free. This indicates that it doesn’t use the organic compound Bisphenol A in its construction. BPA is bad since it interferes with the production, secretion, and transport of natural hormones. Besides this, it also interferes with the action, function and elimination of the same.
- Double-electric Breast Pump: This powerful breast pump enables you to pump both the breasts simultaneously. It’s beneficial for working women as it saves time.
- Tailored Suction: This feature mimics a baby’s sucking patterns. It has the ability to easily control the suction and adjust the strength freely.
- Soft Warm Massage Cushion: It gently stimulates milk flow and accelerates the gain of milk.
- Silent Motor: With this silent motor, the sound level is only 40-50 decibel. Hence, the sound is less than normal speech. Since it is noiseless it’s a good option for mothers that prefer silence. This reduces the disturbance caused, its especially handy if your baby is asleep and you don’t want to wake him/her up.
- Price: The price of this amazing breast pump is around AED 54. An affordable pump and comfortable to use. You can consider buying one or more to store in your place of work or car during emergencies.
Rank 3: Bellababy Double Electric Breast Pump
- Food Graded: Bellababy double electric breast pump is made of food-grade PP and silicone materials. Hence, it is 100% safe to use on babies. Additionally, it is BPA free, non-toxic and doesn’t give out any smell.
- Double-electric Breast Pumps: As the name suggests, this device does the pumping of both the breasts at the same time. Thereby saving you time.
- 9 Suction Levels: Adjustable suction levels from 1 to 9 help mothers find the most comfortable suction power.
- 4 Modes: The Bellababy breast pump is equipped with four modes. They are:
- Massage and Stimulation: This feature massages and stimulates the breasts gently.
- Continuous Sucking: This ensures that there is a constant application of pressure applied. It saves time and ensures your baby has an adequate supply of milk at all times.
- Frequency Conversion Sucking: With converted frequency, this device applies suction pressure to the breast.
- Normal Sucking Mode: It sucks normally in a manner that is comfortable while maintaining a constant frequency.
- Petaling Massage Cushion: This breast pump is made of soft liquid silicone. Hence making it very comfortable to the breasts. It reduces pain during sucking and stimulates the breasts for more milk.
- Low Noise: This quality motor reduces the noise and makes it minimal. Mothers won’t have to worry about disturbing the others around or the sleeping child.
- HD Screen: The HD screen displays the working mode, suction level, time and battery status clearly.
- Emergency Power Bank: When you’re travelling, you can use this breast pump as a power bank. It will charge your phone when the battery is low. Also, if you’re commuting to your workplace, you can use it to charge your phone.
- Sensitive Touch Panel: You need just one finger to operate it. Along with this one-touch operation, it’s also easy and convenient to use.
- Price: Bellababy double electric breast pump is available for around AED 200.
Rank 4: Convenient Double Electric Breast Pump
- BPA Free: First and foremost it is BPA free. This means that it doesn’t use the organic compound Bisphenol A in the making of this device. BPA is extremely hazardous since it interferes with the production, secretion, and transport of natural hormones. Also, it interferes with the action, function and elimination of natural hormones.
- Imitates Mother’s Nipple: The baby is sure to accept the milk from this device. Since it imitates the shape and the touch sense of the mother’s nipple.
- PP and Silicone Materials: Since it is made of PP and Silicone, it is food graded. Moreover, it’s 100% safe for babies as it is non-toxic and non-hazardous.
- Low Noise Function: This function makes it extremely convenient to use. Since it is silent, you can use it even if the baby is around. This won’t disturb the child and even the others in the family.
- Price: This convenient double electric breast pump is available for around AED 45.
Rank 5: LuckLife Electric Breast Pump
- Easy Assembling: Each component can be flexibly assembled and disassembled without any issues.
- Dishwasher Safe: All the removable parts are dishwasher safe, except for the electrical parts.
- Touch Panel: It offers you a one-touch operation for easy and convenient operation.
- Lightweight and Portable: Since this piece is lightweight, compact and portable, it’s good for daily use. This breast pump is very convenient for working mothers as it’s portable.
- HD Screen: The HD screen displays the working mode, suction level, time and battery status clearly.
- Price: LuckLife electric breast pump is available for around AED 128.
Electric Vs. Manual Breast Pumps
Now let’s proceed to the two categories of breast pumps. The two categories that exist are electric and manual breast pumps. Below lie the differences between the two. Choosing the right breast pump can surely be a difficult task. The best breast pump UAE may suit one mother, but not the other. Therefore, before making a purchase, you need to decide whether an electric or manual breast pump would better suit your requirements.
Electric Breast Pumps
Electric breast pumps are specially designed for mothers that need to pump daily. They meet the daily needs of breastfeeding mothers conveniently. In case you’re resuming work after a few days or months of your delivery. Then purchasing an electric breast pump is a must. Moreover, electric breast pumps are recommended for working mothers. This is because these pumps can easily express more milk in a short amount of time. Additionally, if a mother needs to increase her milk supply then she will benefit from a double electric breast pump.
Earlier electric breast pumps were known to be quite heavy and noisy. But now, fortunately, the new models are much lighter and silent. Another thing to note is that electric pumps are more expensive compared to the manual variants. But, if you want a breast pump for daily use, then the electric variant is worth the price. Also, if you want your baby to be totally on breast milk for 6 months to a year then the longevity of an electric pump makes it ideal. Most of the good electric breast pumps consist of storage for keeping your expressed milk cool.
Manual Breast Pumps
If you need a breast pump only for occasional use, then a manual breast pump is a good option. By occasional use, I mean “once in a week or once in 10 days”. But, if you require a breast pump twice or thrice a week, then a manual breast pump won’t meet your needs. Further, manual breast pumps are small and lightweight. This makes it easy for you to carry it around or in a nappy bag. As a matter of fact, a manual breast pump is about 20-30% cheaper than an electric variant. If you need one for emergencies only then a manual variant is perfect for you.
Although a manual breast pump gives the mother complete control over the suction and speed of the pump. However, it seems an easy process but it’s not. As a result, many mothers get extremely tired during manual expression. In addition to this, a manual breast pump is not able to pump enough milk for feeding. The collected milk is much less in quantity compared to the quantity in an electric pump.
Thus, never compromise on price. If you feel the need for a breast pump daily or more than once a week. Then purchase an electric breast pump. Avoid negligence when it comes to your baby’s health.
Best Manual Breast Pumps in UAE
Since we have covered up the best electric breast pumps in UAE. Let’s move on to the manual variants for all those mothers interested in the same. The best breast pump UAE in manual variants lie below.
Rank 1: Philips Avent Comfort Manual Breast Pump
- Unique Design: Philips Avent manual breast pump is uniquely designed. This unique design, in turn, enables a more relaxing and comfortable expressing position. Hence, it contributes to easier milk flow due to this comfortable pumping position.
- BPA Free: The Philips Avent Comfort manual breast pump is BPA free. Since the organic compound, Bisphenol A is not used in its construction. BPA interferes with the production, secretion, and transport of natural hormones. Besides this, it also interferes with the action, function and elimination of the same. Hence, BPA is bad and should be avoided.
- Ergonomic Handle: You can operate this device easily with one hand. All thanks to its ergonomic handle.
- Soft Massage Cushion: This soft texture cushion with warm feeling helps in gently stimulating the milk flow. Secondly, it accelerates the gain of milk.
- Lightweight & Compact: Since it is lightweight and compact, it’s a good option for mothers who travel often. Also, for working moms who have to commute to their workplace.
- Price: This product is available approximately for AED 592.
- Easy to Use & Clean: This manual breast pump consists of a few parts. These parts are intuitive to assemble and easy to clean. All you moms out there, this manual breast pump is here to make your life easier.
- Comes with a Natural Bottle: The wide, breast-shaped nipple enables an easy combination of breast and bottle feeding. Since the shape and feel of the nipple mimic the breast. It makes an easy transition for the baby from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding.
- Compact and Lightweight Design: The compact & lightweight design enables you to express (pump) easily. Whether at home or while travelling.
- Soft Texture Massage Cushion: This breast pump is creatively designed for your comfort. Additionally, the soft and velvety texture of the cushions feels warm and comfortable against your skin. This, in turn, stimulates the flow of milk.
- Petal Cushion: To help letdown the milk, the cushion is designed in a very special and gentle way. Besides this, the cushion with its massaging petals mimics your baby’s suckling action too.
- Price: This adjustable manual breast pump is available for around AED 15.
- 2 Pieces of Breast Pump: Bellababy manual breast pump kit consists of 2 pieces of breast pumps. These include a rotatable pump and a silicone pump.
- Rotatable Pump: This rotatable pump can be rotated by 270 degrees to fit the holding. Secondly, it has a soft and anti-slip handle. Hence, it’s very convenient and easy to operate.
- Silicone Breast Pump: Also known as a milk collector. It’s made of soft silicone that’s very soft to the breast. Additionally, it’s easy to operate. While nurturing the baby, the mother can make use of this pump on the other breast. This is to collect spilt milk.
- Portable Breast Pump Kit: It is designed for mothers who travel frequently. Also, it is highly beneficial to working mothers who commute to their workplace. The main pump is the rotatable one and the backup pump is the silicone one.
- Powerful Suction: The rotatable breast pump offers powerful suction.
- Food Graded: Bellababy manual breast pump is made of PP and silicone materials. Hence, it is 100% safe to use on babies since it’s food graded. Additionally, it is BPA free, non-toxic and doesn’t give out any smell.
- Prevents Back-flow: Rotatable breast pump separates the air and the breast milk to prevent back-flow.
- Price: The Bellababy manual breast pump kit is available for around AED 70.
Breast Pump FAQs
If you need to pump at work, then try to do it in a discreet and comfortable place. Usually, most of the companies offer their female employees pumping and nursing areas. In case your office doesn’t then request the HR department or your manager. You can gain access to a private area for some time. And request the other employees not to enter that area till you’re done with the pumping. For instance, if you have to pump in a washroom then sit on a comfortable chair and do so.
No. Even doctors and lactation consultants will advise you not to use breast pumps used by someone else. This is because bacteria and viruses from the previous owner are likely to be trapped inside the breast pump. Although, it is thoroughly and repetitively sterilized and cleaned. These bacteria and viruses are potentially hazardous to your baby’s health. Hence, always purchase a new one for yourself. Neither should you share your breast pump with another mother.
If speed is a concern, then a double electric breast pump will suit your requirements. This is because you can pump milk from both the breasts simultaneously. For working mothers, it’s the best option. On the other hand, if you want to save your money and are not concerned about speed. Then a single electric breast pump will suit your requirements. When it comes to manual breast pumps, it’s worth only if you’re going to use it once in a week or once in 10 days. Also, the quantity of milk will be very less since the mother has to manually pump the milk.
Some women usually start pumping their breast milk after the baby is born. By doing this, the milk supply builds up if the mother is not able to produce enough milk. Additionally, it proves helpful to mothers who want to store milk in the freezer. If you’re resuming work after maternity leave, then start pumping a couple of weeks beforehand. If you wait for 4 to 5 days before you start work. Then you may experience that your body doesn’t respond to the pump.
Further, it may also take time for your baby to get used to taking a bottle. On the contrary, some experts feel that pumping and giving the baby a bottle too early, is a bad idea. Ideally a baby should be breastfed as often as possible especially for the first 6 months to a year. Failing to do so, may cause nipple confusion. This may cause the baby to assume that the bottle is a better and quicker option than the mother’s breast.
Most of the mothers tend to get more quantity of milk in the morning. Try pumping between breastfeeding sessions. Do it either 30-60 minutes after nursing or at least 1 hour before breastfeeding. By doing this, there will be plenty of milk for your baby’s next feeding.
If possible, start pumping within the first 6 hours after birth. A good idea is to pump 8-10 times a day. Thus 8 to 10 times every 24 hours. This count indicates the number of times that your baby is breastfeeding per day. So, generally, the more times you pump each day, the more milk you make.
First and foremost, don’t panic. Remove the tubing without pulling or wiggling at an angle. Wash the tubing in warm and soapy water and then hang it to dry. Ensure it dries entirely. Further, snap off the faceplate using the thumb tab. Next, soak it in warm and soapy water for 5 minutes. Then, clean it with a soft brush or dishcloth and allow it to dry fully.
Recommended Breastfeeding Accessories
Here lie some recommended breastfeeding accessories. You should check them out and purchase at least one or two of these. These accessories will play a major role in enhancing your breastfeeding experience. Not only that, these accessories proved in increasing the bond between the mother and baby.
Philips Avent Washable Breast Pads
- Absorbent Padding: It draws away moisture from the skin and traps it behind a leak-proof liner. The leak-proof liner, in turn, traps the moisture and prevents staining.
- Anti-slip Feature: Since the adhesive tapes are anti-slip. They keep the breast pads in place.
- Ultra-absorbent: Both the breast pads are individually wrapped for extra hygiene. Since they are ultra-absorbent they can be used all day. Moreover, they are washable too. No matter how many times you wash or dry these reusable pads. They don’t lose their original shape, thus remaining intact.
- Material and Design: Due to their brushed cotton lining, these breast pads feel gentle on your skin. They attain a soft feel too due to this material.
- Contoured Shape: Philips Avent breast pads feature a contoured shape. This makes them fit snugly into different size bras. Moreover, they’ll never show under your clothing because of their discreet design.
- No Irritation and Rashes: All you nursing moms out there. Say goodbye to soreness, leaks, rashes and irritation.
- Lovely Lace Design: The lovely design of the lace makes you feel attractive.
- Ergonomic Design: This small detachable pillow is ergonomically designed to support the newborn baby’s head while feeding.
- Gentle Support: The nursing pillow is extremely useful when you’re breastfeeding. Also, it is useful if your baby wants to take a nap next to you.
- Hook and Loop Design: The baby can move from the large pillow seat.
- U-shaped Support System: It holds the wigglers securely in place and prevents sliding.
- Multi-purpose Pillow: Besides using it as a nursing pillow. You can also use it as a waist pillow. Additionally, this pillow is useful in relieving pressure on the neck, shoulders and back.
- Price: The price of this nursing pillow is around AED 55.
Hot/Cold Packs for Breasts
- Reusable Nursing Pads: Since these nursing pads are reusable, they are environment-friendly. Moreover, they are comfortable on the skin and work perfectly too.
- Hot/Cold Pack: It’s very useful for nursing mothers to increase their milk production. This means they encourage let-down. Moreover, they’re suitable for all breast pumps.
- Soft: The fabric of this product is soft but thick at the same time. Secondly, they are easy to clean ensuring you do not waste energy on unnecessary struggles.
- Gel Pads: The gel pads are great for sore nipples. Additionally, they’re great for engorged breasts and to relieve pressure temporarily. They work great especially during the beginning phase of breastfeeding when the mother feels the pain more.
- Price: Hot/Cold packs for breasts are available for around AED 90.
- Extra Wide Breast Feeding Cover: It provides modesty, thus giving moms peace of mind. Additionally, it provides a soothing environment for the baby.
- Free Carrying Pouch: This pouch perfectly matches your nursing cover as well as carry it. Besides this, you can use it to hold anything from diapers to nursing pads.
- Rigid Neckline: The rigid neckline enables mothers to maintain eye contact with their newborn. Moreover, it ensures a good latch during breastfeeding and also when your baby naps.
- Price: This nursing cover is available for around AED 145.
You’ve done a great job by making it to the end of this article. You can’t afford to miss out on these breast pumps and accessories mentioned here. Make a wise choice before you purchase the best breast pump UAE. Keep a check on your daily routine. How often you’ll be using the breast pump determines the type you should buy. Don’t forget about these amazing accessories. Never compromise on quality. You’re good to go on these for your baby’s health and comfort. Consume dairy foods like milk and cheese and increase your fluid intake. Also, don’t take any medications without consulting your doctor. Lastly, maintain a well-balanced diet containing plenty of fruits, whole grains, vegetables, meat, and beans.